Items to Do and Things to Bring to Little Corn Island
To make your stay as comfortable as possible, you may want to bring these items and take these actions:
- Make your La Costena flight reservations early (their are limited daily seats available)
- Make your dive reservations with Dolphin Dive before you arrive to insure availability.
- Purchase quality trip insurance, bring the contact info for the coverage with you
- Bring US$, Cordobas or Visa or Mastercard (12% convenience fee applies to card use here at LCBB and any business on LCI that do accept cards charge up to 10% fees so we suggest bringing cash for all incidentals) to settle your bill with LCBB. We accept no other type of payment at the time of your check in/out.
- US dollars are accepted all over Nicaragua and the island (they will only be accepted on the islands if they are clean, unmarked, not torn and readable, so be sure to get clean money for this part of your trip). Of course Nicaraguan Cordobas are accepted as well
- Small first aid kit (places for health care are few and far between in Nicaragua) include: antiseptic, triple antibiotic, bandaids, athletic tape, pain reliever, nausea, diarrhea, sinus congestion meds, antiseptic wipes, gauze.
- Bug spray
- Flashlight or headlamp (if you are arriving to LCI in the evening, make them readily accessible)
- Rain jacket or umbrella and a couple large trash bags (for the tropical rain storm and have accessible to mitigate any wet panga crossing for you and your luggage)
- Flip flops
- Battery operated alarm clock (we have no wake up service)
- Light sweater for the 77 degree evenings
- Sun glasses
- Book (we have a book exchange)
- Day pack
- Any thing else that will make your stay comfortable for you.
NOTE: There are some small stores on the island that have a limited selection of life’s little necessities.